Connecting hoses to liner of an AG 16 foot intex pool

netrate

Jun 16, 2020
Hamilton
There has been a pool in the shed since I move into this house. I am getting around to putting it up. So far, four leaks, which I have managed to patch on both the inside and outside. But right now I am stumped.
I am in the process of finding out which of the connectors might be missing. I am not going to pay to get the pool filled up until I know I have all of the parts or order them.

This is an Intex 16 foot panel with aluminum stands and vinyl liner. It is an older model. It has a rope that goes around the bottom that needs to be replaced as well.

The pump seems to work, and require A filters.

So here is the issue. There are two 2 3/4 holes in the vinyl liner that the hoses are supposed to attach to - I have differing pieces but I am not sure how they maintain there hold on the liner and thus not leak.
I was looking at this post here :

This post was helpful, but I cannot see how this is secured to the pool liner. I have two of the blue strainers and matching coupling , but not the white pump piece.
The strainer obviously is under water from the inside (bottom right), and the other connecting piece is for the hose attachment (top left) , but how does this stay secured in the pool???? Screwing the two together does not secure it. What am I missing and where can I get it?

1592337742239.png

There aren't threads on the peices. Put nozzle part through pool from inside. Then take the hose and a radiator clamp and put over nozzle. Tighten clamp. The other piece that has holes all over it screws to piece on inside of pool.

There is nothing to tighten with. There are no threads. The two pieces go together and that is it. I have never done this before, so maybe there is a part missing in between the two pieces?
There should be a "shaft" on the backside of the solid plastic piece that gets pushed thorough the opening in the wall.
1592412502840.png
Use metal clamps to secure the hoses to the pump.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.