Connecting Easy Touch PSL4 to Junction Box wirelessly

gnr5

May 28, 2019
Miami, FL
So, weird question, I have my automation and equipment pad on one side of the house but the junction box for the lights are on the other side of the house, not sure why the original builder back 30 years ago decided to split the junction box from the equipment pad but they did. I can't run a wire from the junction box to the automation, is there a wireless way to do this? Right now the only way to turn on the lights is on a wall switch inside the house which is kind off halfway between the box to the automation.

Do I make sense?

An inexpensive option is to replace the inside wall switch with a wireless switch and control it with a separate app. Wemo is one supplier but Home Depot and Best Buy has others. It will not be part of your automation but it will be accessible by a app if you are just trying to control it remotely such as if you are sitting by the pool

Hmm, I guess that could word, after remodeling the pool I have three lights: two on the wall switch and a new one that is going to be on the EasyTouch, so was trying to avoid having to use two different apps for the lights, one app to control half the pool and the other half to control the other half of the pool.

Hmm, I guess that could word, after remodeling the pool I have three lights: two on the wall switch and a new one that is going to be on the EasyTouch, so was trying to avoid having to use two different apps for the lights, one app to control half the pool and the other half to control the other half of the pool.

I'd probably just put the new light on its own WiFi switch too -- most of them let you group devices together so one press in the app turns them all on or off. I did that with TP-Link Kasa switches and plugs -- the pool light, landscape lighting in that part of the yard, and a couple of light strings in the "cabana" next to the pool all come on together (or I can switch them separately, of course). I haven't plunged into upgrading the pool automation yet, but have pretty much decided I just want it to control the "water" -- pumps, valves, SWCG; the lighting is best mixed with the rest of the house's lighting control such as it is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.