Confusing Pool Leak

tjslice

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2011
I have been meaning to put up a build thread... we have had a very interesting one, and I'll get that up soon. This is our second build we have done. It's a bigger project than the first one, and we used the same builder.

Now to my question. The pool was completed eight days ago, and filling took 3 days. The level of the pool promptly dropped overnight by what I estimate is 8000 to 10000 gallons. We focused on a wet area we found and dug down to the pipes. By we, I mean not me, just what we discussed with the builder. The water was flowing down a small hill we have, but we couldn't find any leaks. At this point, the only things under water were the lights, main drain, and two suction lines for the waterfall. The plumber was called, and they capped off the main drain and waterfall lines and pressurized them with air and they all held pressure.

Today, we had a diver out to check the lights, and found no leaks. They had the equipment to cap off the drains and waterfall lines, so they did that again. They all held pressure. He started to dye test other areas of the pool, and eventually found one of the waterfall suction lines has a very large leak. This is the same line that was pressure tested twice, by two different crews.

Has anyone ever seen such a large leak from plumbing that also holds air pressure?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.