Confused on rebuild kits

May 21, 2009
Hello, I have a Polaris 280 but my booster motor is not made by polaris. I want to replace the seals and o-rings where the motor meets the volute. My volute says Polaris PB4-60 on it but my actual motor is made by US Motors - which I bought about 4 years ago. When I look at replacement seal kits they state that they are only compatible with Polaris motors built prior to 2011.
I'm guessing I need a seal kit for motors built after 2011 - but I can't find one . Anyone have a source for the correct kit?

thanks
Rob

The numbers on my Polaris volute says that the volute itself was built in 2003. However the US Motor was built in 2016. I bought the seal kit for the pre-2011 models, installed it and cannot get it to stop leaking. Took it apart and put back together - same leak. I'm wondering if I should have bought the newer style seal? How much of a difference is there between the new and old? Frustrated....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.