Confused about Dolphin models

I run mine a couple times a day until pollen season stops.
Also this "automation mode" works, you can control it with a smart plug

I never understood about automation mode. Can you explain how it works? do i leave it plugged in with smart plug?

I never understood about automation mode. Can you explain how it works? do i leave it plugged in with smart plug?
I am still trying to understand it myself..I think it makes it where you can power on and off using a smart plug and run it when you want. But last time I tried It wouldn't let me run it a 2nd time.
I may see if I can email pentair and get more information

Reactions: sunshine7
To add to the mix i just got quote for Dolphin Active 20 from local pinch a penny for $629 with a $50 rebate brings out cheaper than offered for Marina
Back to square one one Pentair Warrior SE vs SI vs A20. Basically $699 vs $749 vs $629 ($50 rebate less)

Last edited:
To add to the mix i just got quote for Dolphin A20 from local pinch a penny for $629 with a $50 rebate brings out cheaper than offered for Marina
Back to square one one Pentair Warrior SE vs SI vs A20. Basically $699 vs $749 vs $629 ($50 rebate less)

Whats the difference in the a20 and Warrior?
FYI some folks have had issues getting the rebate form Pentair, I got mine ok..But the rebate ( think for both {pentair and Maytronics ) says something about must spend $849 If I remember

I had a Polaris 360 that ran off pump pressure..It ran 24x7 and I thought it did a good job.
Then this year I bought a Warrior SE ( dolphin s200 ) and realized my Polaris wasn't that great. I am in Marietta and it captured a LOT or yellow and tree pollen in the fine filters. The Polaris just stirred up the fine stuff.
My profile picture is it climbing and brushing the walls and tile, drives my dog nuts :)
If you can fix your Polaris for $50 maybe but I wouldn't spend money on a new one :) Plus with a Robot, you won't need to run a booster pump which will save on electricity.

I’m in Georgia also and wondered if the s200 did the job or needed something like the m600. what are the dimensions of your pool and volume if you don’t mind sharing? I am calling marina pool today or monday and was hoping to order a dolphin soon.

I’m in Georgia also and wondered if the s200 did the job or needed something like the m600. what are the dimensions of your pool and volume if you don’t mind sharing? I am calling marina pool today or monday and was hoping to order a dolphin soon.
The s200 ( I bought pentair version ) is great. My pool is 20x40 plaster free form and around 22k.
It usually gets 95% of everything in an hour and by the time the 2 hour cycle is done it’s perfect.
It also does a great job cleaning the tile line and has even climbed the stairs.
I have mine in automation mode with a smart plug and have it set to run for 5 to 7 am every morning.
You will be surprised at how much stuff it gets out of the pool.
Short answer you will love the s200!

The s200 ( I bought pentair version ) is great. My pool is 20x40 plaster free form and around 22k.
It usually gets 95% of everything in an hour and by the time the 2 hour cycle is done it’s perfect.
It also does a great job cleaning the tile line and has even climbed the stairs.
I have mine in automation mode with a smart plug and have it set to run for 5 to 7 am every morning.
You will be surprised at how much stuff it gets out of the pool.
Short answer you will love the s200!
Thank you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And to go completely off topic, did you do the decking and coping yourself or did you have someone local (I ask because I'm 10 miles from Marietta).

3 o4 4 years ago we had the kooldeck scraped off and had Sundek installed. So fare it's held up pretty good

Then in 2018 we had the pool re plastered with a pebbletek and had the old brick looking tiles replaced with the stone.

If needed I have a plaster guy and the sundek company I can send you.

Brian,

You can spend all the money you want, but it really won't make much of a difference in how well a robot will clean your pool.

The S200 (style) robot will clean the floor, wall and waterline tile..

The only real reason to move up to the S300, is if you want a caddy... I find a caddy useless, because my robot system is mounted to a wall and always plugged in.. If you plan to move it every day, then a caddy would be handly.

I have a brand new caddy that I will give to anyone in the DFW area that wants to come get it, and who will make a $50 donation to TFP.. The only caveat is that you have to use it, you can't put it on E-bay just to make a few bucks. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.
Where can I find out more about this wall mounting?

I ended up getting a pentair prowler for $749 from Marina Pool and Spa. To my surprise. it also carried a rebate of $100. So it ended up same price as S200 with app navigation. I use the app to clean steps. So far happy with the purchase

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.