Confer Step-1 Heavy-Duty Above Ground Swimming Pool Ladder Stair Entry System with Handrails,

911emd

Apr 16, 2022
Illinois
We just bought this pool ladder for our Intex Ultra Frame 16 x 32 above ground pool. It looks super sturdy and we’re going to figure out a way to weigh it down other than sand but our main concern is water circulation around it? We use a salt water system and have never had any problems keeping the pool clean and clear but we’re afraid this step system will cause us problems, any tips or tricks to avoid a mess would be much appreciated

I used the inground version for my pool for about 2 seasons. I never weighed it down just made sure it was full of water. I don't see any scenario where your pool water would not circulate. Your cleaner may get hung up on it so beware of that. Worst case you'll remove it while the cleaner is running.

I used the inground version for my pool for about 2 seasons. I never weighed it down just made sure it was full of water. I don't see any scenario where your pool water would not circulate. Your cleaner may get hung up on it so beware of that. Worst case you'll remove it while the cleaner is running.
Thanks for the reply, we just use a pool vacuum attached to the surface skimmer for cleaning, it won’t fit behind the steps once they’re attached to the deck, i hope ours will stay put just filled with water, we’re definitely not filing the thing with sand. Hubby is pretty handy, he’ll figure out how to weigh it down safely, just trying to avoid a problem with algae and ick behind the Steps. We’re super excited to have the new steps, climbing over that Intex rickety pool ladder was no fun last year.

If just securing to the deck isn’t enough you can use capped pvc pipes or bleach jugs filled with sand or concrete & hang them from the steps. There are some pics in my media & a few threads about weighing down steps on the forum.
I move & clean my steps at opening & before closing & sometimes mid season. Some folks with those kind that fill with water inject them with diluted bleach on occasion.
I try to spray under the steps with the hose when i top off water to blow debris out. Mine have a removable ballast & i am able to fit my little intex cordless vac in there too. I have drilled lots of extra holes for circulation in my wedding cake steps- it was really trial & error ( if funky pockets returned i drilled more holes). So long as you’re not ignoring the possibility that algae can grow in/around them, keep watch & clean them regularly it should be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.