Condensation in light

Jun 28, 2016
Sacramento
Hey all-

question... And yea- I have searched here and I can't find a definitive answer but I think I can deduce the answer.

I saw today that my Pentair light has some condensation in it. My entire pool is only one year old.

Does this definitely mean a leak? It doesn't appear there is water in there and I keep my pool at 85-90... So it doesn't surprise me there is some condensation but now I'm starting to wonder!

i haven't had any trips on the GFCI outlet it is connected to and I tested it today.

Thanks so much!

The condensation, if it has never occurred in the past, would indicate some moisture intrusion has recently occurred (barring recent unusually high temps in your area that is drawing out minor, latent moisture in your housing).

Condensation will mean same degree of degradation of the metal components will occur over time, this being the usual effect moisture has on metal. But it could be many years before minor condensation takes its toll in this respect.

The safest route to take would be to service it (replace the seal - many youtube tutorial videos on this). But if the condensation is minor, I would'nt conclude that time is of the essence in doing so. But I would keep a close eye on it during the next week or two to see if condensation is getting worse, or you see water in the housing, in which case you would want to address the matter right away.

The condensation, if it has never occurred in the past, would indicate some moisture intrusion has recently occurred (barring recent unusually high temps in your area that is drawing out minor, latent moisture in your housing).

Condensation will mean same degree of degradation of the metal components will occur over time, this being the usual effect moisture has on metal. But it could be many years before minor condensation takes its toll in this respect.

The safest route to take would be to service it (replace the seal - many youtube tutorial videos on this). But if the condensation is minor, I would'nt conclude that time is of the essence in doing so. But I would keep a close eye on it during the next week or two to see if condensation is getting worse, or you see water in the housing, in which case you would want to address the matter right away.

thanks for the quick reply. I first noticed this a couple of weeks ago when we were going thru several days over 105. So who knows. Doesn't appear like water is in there but I agree- I need to monitor what is going on and perhaps service it myself. Sort of irritating since the pool is only a year old.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.