Concrete time, aluminum coping care?

I dont know the best advice for you, but I wasn't taking any chances at all when I did mine.

I wasnt necessarily worried about the concrete, it was the workers with their metal trowels dining up my coping is what I worried about, and I was right to do it. I covered my Coping with stucco tape from home depot with 2 layers on the top where the towel work would be happening.
Search Results for stucco tape at The Home Depot

I used that particular kind, because it doesnt leave any adhesive residue behind to have to clean off the coping when you peel it off. Well, almost none anyways.

I am pouring concrete tomorrow for the pool deck. I have hired a finishing crew so I am not actually doing the work. Should I be in the pool as they finish it to clean up the spillage going over top of the aluminum coping or do I just hose it off the next day?

If you were in pool I’d fling mud at you or bonk you over the head with trowel every time you come up for air, like wack a mole..

When they are done, hit it coping with a wet sponge to break the mix before it snaps, & you good to go..

Thanks Kelly.

I'm posting a follow up and hopefully people will draw on my experience in the future.

I couldnt find stucco tape and the limited stores in my small town so I did nothing. The finishers were very careful but it's impossible to keep concrete off the face of the coping and it took me many, many hours to get it off. I really regret not giving this a thought sooner so I could get the coping protected.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.