Concrete pool renovation - PebbleSheen, glass tiles, etc.

Can you tell me if you put expansion joints with foam on the top of the coping all the way around the pool and if you did a single pour of concrete or how they were built? Our architect wants us to put them every 9 feet all the way around the pool with foam that’s recessed (not visible at the surface) but about 1/4” thick. But Pb says this requires 2 pours.

:bump:

i just want to say that this is an absolutely AMAZING renovation, and what i love to see. i love seeing these structural marvels live up to their expectation, the test of time. you must not have a water table. for that pool being empty two months while waiting for plaster, it would have popped right out! i have a similar, pool condition wise, renovation on my hands. i was handed over a severely neglected 1974 gunite pool. i need a new light. its burned out i think. my plumbing at the pad is all bad and patched all to heck and i cant use my vacuum suction. its old black poly pipe which i like, but the ends are what make black poly kinda sketchy. it seems to me as if they only have problems when theyre above ground and exposed to heat. im looking to redo all of my plumbing as well BEFORE i pour the new deck, which i need also. i have two returns, a skimmer, a vacuum suction(which im gonna turn into a pressure side or just block it off and use the returns as a pressure for a cleaner), and one main drain. all of which can be 100% replaced, except for the main drain. that will have to be done like yours, tied into the old black poly. my skimmer also needs to be replaced. im still convinced the street construction jarred my skimmer loose when that 0209502345092 ton thing kept dropping on the street. i cant fill it up passed the throat or water dumps right out. it was holding water halfway into the skimmer for a solid month or month and a half. the coping is pretty solid still, but im gonna replace it anyway because my skimmer looks almost exactly like yours. smashed in on top and several seal issues there, and i got a decent quote on travertine i cant pass up. i need new tile and a resurface as well. i have tile similar to your new tile, several rows of very tiny tile, but im gonna go with the 6 inch tile i think. the main reason is, i feel there are less grout lines exposed to the water with those. correct me if im wrong, but just going based on logic thats how i look at it. plus its way cheaper to install im sure and they come in a wide variety of styles. i am still deciding between stamped concrete and regular brushed, what color to do everything, how to lay out my backyard, etc. i just cant wait until im at the end of the road like you. lounging out back with a nice drink and this beauty shining bright. congratulations, enjoy, and hope to see some current pictures of this!

Shared album - jeff cassar - Google Photos

the skimmer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.