Concrete deck staining: how to remove?

wkussmaul

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 29, 2010
Hi,
Our pool is 9 years old and the poured-concrete deck is getting stained.
The stains become apparent after removing the winter cover.
See picture attached; you can see where the tie-downs were.
I have (gently) power-washed it already. But, I'm worried that if I crank up the power enough to remove the stain, I'll be removing the top layer of concrete too and generating sand.
Is there a safe way to get rid of this type of stain? Bleach, maybe?

Attachments

• IMG-3466.jpg
    IMG-3466.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 84
Pressure washer using a surface cleaner attachment will do the trick. I have the Briggs and Stratton one and it's the bomb. Works great!
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Briggs-Stratton-Briggs-and-Stratton-14-in-Rotating-Surface-Cleaner/1000460207?cm_mmc=SCE_PLA-_-SeasonalOutdoorLiving-_-PressureWashers-_-1000460207:Briggs_&_Stratton&CAWELAID=&kpid=1000460207&CAGPSPN=pla&store_code=519&k_clickID=724a2be0-7078-4987-90c5-f473ae88f303&gclid=CjwKCAjwi6TYBRAYEiwAOeH7GZlLuYB8L-scyzJtExL_CSkpuNYDs6ZAGt-nOf8j31xHA8aWOfi1eRoClrgQAvD_BwE

If you are unaware of these things, here is a video of how effective and much quicker they are. And they are easier on the surface you're cleaning, eliminating the risk you're worried about.
Surface Cleaner Pressure Washer Attachment - YouTube

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.