Concerns about water level

noampo

May 25, 2024
Israel
Hi, we built a Bestway rectangular pool, 4m(13.1 feet) length, 2m (6.5 feet) width, and 1m (3.1 feet) dept.
Before we started to build we measured a 3cm (1.1 inches) difference between the high end to the low end, so we decided to use some hard sponge to even the pool.
The thing is that after we filled few cm of water, we noticed that the difference is actually 6cm (2.3 inches) between the ends.
We also noticed that while the first 3 meters (9.8 feet) are more or less leveled, the last meter is causing most of the difference (say 5 cm [1.9 inches]).

The difference is between one narrow side of the pool to the other narrow side.

The pools is built on a pavers floor, so we cannot dig the high part to even it.

How critic would it be to even it?
And how would you suggest to even it, considering it built on top of pavers floor?

Hi, welcome to TFP! The corners of these pools are built to be flexible. Five cm out of level is more that I would like to see, but the pool will probably be fine.

If it looks too unstable or the difference increases once the pool is full, the solution would be to use a 5.8 cm thick by 40.64 cm wide by 30.48 cm long piece of pressure treated wood in the low corner to support the pool. Orient the wood to support the full width of the leg of the pool.

If you plan for this to be a permanent installation another solution would be to build a pressure treated wood frame approximately 6 meters by 4 meters and shim it so it is level all the way around. Then fill the frame with crushed granite or whatever crushed stone based paving material is available in your area. That will give you some material to remove in order to level the pool. Use pressure treated wood slabs under each leg of the pool. The slabs should be recessed into the paving material so they are level with the ground.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Hi, welcome to TFP! The corners of these pools are built to be flexible. Five cm out of level is more that I would like to see, but the pool will probably be fine.

If it looks too unstable or the difference increases once the pool is full, the solution would be to use a 5.8 cm thick by 40.64 cm wide by 30.48 cm long piece of pressure treated wood in the low corner to support the pool. Orient the wood to support the full width of the leg of the pool.

If you plan for this to be a permanent installation another solution would be to build a pressure treated wood frame approximately 6 meters by 4 meters and shim it so it is level all the way around. Then fill the frame with crushed granite or whatever crushed stone based paving material is available in your area. That will give you some material to remove in order to level the pool. Use pressure treated wood slabs under each leg of the pool. The slabs should be recessed into the paving material so they are level with the ground.
Thanks for the concrete and detailed answer.
I will go with you second suggestion, even tho it is quite a work.
I bought 4 wood slabs and I will connect them to form some sort of a frame for the lower part of the pool (I will not make it around the whole pool, as most of it is quite balanced so no need to balance it), filling it with small stones until it looks level. I guess it would be a challenge to test if it is level but I will work through it.
Thanks!

Reactions: zea3