Concern about adding stabilizer

Tnutt

May 19, 2018
Corbett, OR
My pool is super nasty green right now. I got the pH where is needs to be and tested for ammonia. We are ready to add stabilizer. However, it says we cannot backwash for 48 hours after adding the stabilizer and that we need to run the pump during that time to circulate the water. With how gunky our pool is we will definitely need to backwash by then. How do we add the stabilizer without ruining our pump?

Do not add your stabilizer to the skimmer. Place the granules in a tube sock and tie it shut. Hang it in front of a return with the pump running. Squeeze it every few minutes once it becomes saturated.

Have you considered draining some of this water since it is 'super nasty green'. Might not be a bad idea.

Could you take a picture of your pool.

I usually backwash when my PSI (pressure) rises 25% above the clean pressure or 10ppm (depending on what you're comfortable with). I say you backwash when your pressure is 25% above your clean pressure.

Like mknauss said,
add the granular in a sock and hang it close to your return jet.
Gently massage the sock to dissolve the granular once you have it hanging in your pool.
W
ait 24-48 hours before you retest again your CYA.
Note that
you can go ahead and start the SLAM. You don't want to delay that waiting for the CYA to dissolve entirely. Don't wait for algae to continue growing.

My pool is super nasty green right now. I got the pH where is needs to be and tested for ammonia. We are ready to add stabilizer. However, it says we cannot backwash for 48 hours after adding the stabilizer and that we need to run the pump during that time to circulate the water. With how gunky our pool is we will definitely need to backwash by then. How do we add the stabilizer without ruining our pump?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.