Commercial sanitizers?

Looking at the SDS on the site, it is just 7-13% bleach. It is really that much cheaper?

See if you have a HASA dealer near you that sells the 12.5% bleach in bulk, refillable containers as that is usually the best deal.

If they sell in bulk / refillable jugs, then it is fine ... although there is a good chance that they are getting it from HASA ... at least in this part of the country ;)

If ACE stores their liquid chlorine indoors I would go with them. Check the dates -- you want it to not be over 2 months old.

Take care.

The HASA will certainly be fresher.

Ignoring the $6 deposit.

HASA is $0.234 / oz of chlorine
Ace is $0.234 / oz of chlorine

Funny, they are exactly the same price :D

So, if the Ace is closer and the stock is not old ... that might be the best deal you are going to find.

Just did the math real fast,

Home Depot: 2gx10% $6.36: $0.24/effective oz
Ace 2gx10% $5.99:
$0.23/effective oz
HASA dealer: 4x12.5% /$6 deposit: $0.22/effective oz (before deposit)

So after I buy 600 gallons, I will at that point be saving a penny per gallon over Ace. :roll:

If ACE stores their liquid chlorine indoors I would go with them. Check the dates -- you want it to not be over 2 months old.

Yep, they keep it inside and usually have plenty of stock. Often it'll go on sale too.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got a quote for that commercial sanitizer, $18/gallon. LOL no money saving there!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Where do pool guys get their liquid chlorine from? I notice pool company truck beds with the same big yellow milk carton looking thing, holding 4 bottles. Is that HASA chlorine?

My Ace has the HTH 10%. All it has on it is a lot number and nothing else on the box or jugs. I do notice the lot number keeps going up and adding it agrees with PoolMath. :scratch:
At least they keep it inside compared to HomeDepot or Lowes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.