Comments from the guys closing my pool

May 24, 2010
Southern NJ
The other day we had our pool closed by our pool builders company. One of the guys was talking to me about how the water looked this year. I said it was wonderful, I changed from tabs to liquid chlorine. He said " you shouldn't be using liquid chlorine all year, it's too corrosive". I said well, I have a gunite pool with a pebble finish and this was the first year that I did not have any algae at all. He said "you should be using tabs". I said the tabs increased my stabilizer too much and I had a reading of 90 over the past years. This year I drained 3/4 of the pool and maintained about 30. He said "one year should not raise your stabilizer to 90". I said you are right it was multiple years that allowed it to build up. He then said hes been doing pools for over 40 years. Then eventually said "well, whatever works for you". I said well, I started using troublefreepool.com and everything has been wonderful. Hardest part is dealing with the heavy containers of chlorine and bleaching some of my clothes by accident.

I thought everyone would enjoy reading this.

• Love
Reactions: borjis and Leebo
Every time I need my pool company to come I hear the same thing...”your pool looks amazing! ..what do you do? I tell them and they say they can’t believe I use liquid chlorine. One guy told me last year his pool never looks as good as mine.

People in the pool industry get almost no worthwhile chemistry training. 99% of the information is myths and legends. Very few really know what they're doing. Sad but true.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.