Comm Loss Intelliflo

Elheffy22

In The Industry
May 11, 2016
Rochester NY
Hi,

I have a new pool and spa combo running an easytouch dual body 4 function panel with intelliflo pump. Have both pool and spa speeds set as well as heater speed and jet speed. When easytouch is in spa mode and jets are on within 5 minutes or so pump goes into comm loss. This is the only way i can make this problem happen, system runs fine when in pool mode. I wired in new pump and led me down a rabbit hole, new pump wouldnt come online so easytouch board replaced as well as comm cable issue solved. Week or 2 went by and the problem came back around. I have expansion module for pump and screenlogic so no issue with to many wires in one comm port. I for the life of me cant figure out whats going on. There has to be an interference issue I believe.

I can't think of anything that is related to both the Spa mode and the loss of com...

How do you know you lost the communications with your pump? Does the pump just shut off?

When the problem happens, does the pump's display say "Display not active" or something else??

During the five minutes, does the pump ramp up to your Spa speed?

What kind of heater do you have and how is the EasyTouch controlling it? RS-485, or a 2-wire fireman's switch??

When it happens, do you still have ScreenLogic control of other things, say the pool light, or is everything not working?

The more we know the better the chance we might be able to put our finger on the problem.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Homeowner has screenshot the loss of comm. I have seen it happen on site. Easytouch is controlling a MT400 on firemans switch, Yes pump reverts back to as if it was a stand alone pump showing 0 rpm etc. when comm loss happens you are able to still do everything function wise with screenlogic. Yes pump ramps up to Jet speed. I figured that because everything works like it should and the only issue is when pump speed is changed to jet function it was the pump. I swapped out intrelliflo for new and ran it solid for over 20 minutes with no issue. The pump was the problem somthing wrong inside the pump when pump is at max speed. I first swapped brain and that didnt fix it so it was somthing internal with the pump.

Strange this is the first time I have ever really had an issue like this .

E,

If the pump's screen did not say "Display not active" and everything else in ScreenLogic works, then the com port is still working, so it makes sense it was a pump issue.. Although I have never heard of this problem before and a surprised that the pump was bad..

An odd one for sure..

Thanks for the heads up.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.