LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2015
Peoria, AZ
FC= 7 to 8
Ph= 7.2-7.8,
TA = 70
CH=460
Salt=3200
Csi= -0.01 to -0.6 (at 7.8 csi is -0.01, adding acid brings ph back and csi to -0.06)

Note that my ph rise goes from 7.2-7.8 in a week, normal? Also should I still be bringing back to 7.2? If not, I will be adding acid 2x per week, should I target 7.5.?

Also noticed a more prominent white line on my tile and in my auto fill bucket. The only new chemical I have added was liquid instant conditioner as my cya was low.

Thoughts?

Looks normal to me.

The calcium buildup at the waterline is your reward for living in the west. Most of our water is higher in TA and CH. And thus with our high evaporation you get that buildup.

Your pH rise is primarily due to the adding of fill water due to evaporation.

Have you ever tested your fill water for pH, TA, and CH?

Take care.

Looks normal to me.

The calcium buildup at the waterline is your reward for living in the west. Most of our water is higher in TA and CH. And thus with our high evaporation you get that buildup.

Your pH rise is primarily due to the adding of fill water due to evaporation.

Have you ever tested your fill water for pH, TA, and CH?

Take care.

Thanks, so I should target bringing ph down to 7.2 every week?

Would adding a sequestant help with the calcium? I am guessing I will need to salt blast the line off.

Lastly, I thought if CSI was in th negative you can’t get scaling??

What is your fill water chemistry? I suspect that your taking your pH to 7.2 each week is counteracting the high TA fill water and thus keeping your TA in the range it is in.

Sequestrants keep the calcium tied up. You can use it, but if you maintain your CSI slightly negative that will work just as well.

The water line scaling you will get regardless. Your water is evaporating at the spot. The calcium plates out on the tile. No getting around it. You just keep the scale at bay from the rest of the pool by keeping the CSI in range.

Once the scale line gets bad enough folks do Kieserite blasting.

I get some water line scale but hit it with diluted muriatic acid every once in a while and it does not get too bad. I drain when my CH hits 1000 ppm or so.

Thx, I already had a white line from the day of the fill. Long story, it’s micro silica that played on the tile, acid has zero effect on it, ever straight acid. It was faint, but this new line may be calcium so i will try the cut acid. I can post my fill water specs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.