LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2007
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm slamming to clear pool. Have been slowly decreasing added amounts of 10% sodium hypo based on the TFP calculator. I have 2 ppm CC and the "smell". Ph is 7.6, CYA 40, 30,000 IG vinyl. Will this ordor eventually clear. Shocking I thought was supposed to break locked chlorine. No?

If you are following the SLAM Process and have CC and the water stinks, you are killing some good stuff. Keep the FC at SLAM level. With that condition, testing and adding chlorine every couple hours will help.

The water is really cloudy with all the dead algae in there. I'm letting the sand filter pressure get a little higher than normal op so as to help trap finer particles.
Getting a verrry late start this year and it was kelly green!

Remember, it didn't get funky in one day....it'll take a few days maybe up to 2 weeks to clear. Make sure you're testing and re-dosing as often as you can daily to make it as fast as possible.

Are you checking the production dates on the Liquid Chlorine? Get newer than 3 months.

Your test kit is....which one?? Are your reagents holding up or are you going to need refills?

Got a full set of test results to share?

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.