Colored Concrete

Jun 24, 2007
Mesa, AZ
I was wondering if anyone knows about colored concrete. We just had extra decking poured on Friday (6/22/07) around the decking that comes with the pool package. We went with a brown color and as the days have past the color gets more and more splotchy and has white patches all over. My sales rep from the pool company says it's normal and that it's just lime working it's way out and that it will look better in a few days. I added a couple of pics. If anyone has any input, I'd be very grateful.

I'm no expert, but I think that is normal. I recently poured a small slab of regular concrete (not colored) and it went through phases of splotchiness then all came together as a single (somewhat) color. I'd say it was over the course of about a week, maybe ten days.

Definitely normal. A neighbor mentioned that theirs (similar tan to ours) looked like "puke" for a few weeks. I imagine this effect is more noticeable the darker the coloring.

Here's a pic of ours after 5 days -
114.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.