Coleman Garden Hose Drain Adapter

NY Smokeater

Silver Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
Commack, NY
This may seem like an obvious question but i've gone to two pool stores and hardware stores and cannot find a solution. Is there a specific connector/adaptor to hook up a garden hose to the drain at the bottom of the pool?

Both the pool & hardware stores keep saying its not a standard thread and its proprietary. I've searched Bestway's site and cannot find a connection from the drain to a garden hose.

Are you trying to drain it down, or drain it empty??

How about just using a simple hose as a siphon? If you have a low spot in the yard to discharge the water to a siphon is easy and doesn't require anything special- just a hose.

Maddie

Reactions: Mdragger88
This may seem like an obvious question but i've gone to two pool stores and hardware stores and cannot find a solution. Is there a specific connector/adaptor to hook up a garden hose to the drain at the bottom of the pool?

Both the pool & hardware stores keep saying its not a standard thread and its proprietary. I've searched Bestway's site and cannot find a connection from the drain to a garden hose.
I am in the process of draining mine and I used the connector that came with my pool and I could not get it to connect without leaking and I could not have water leaking at that spot so I am doing the siphon method or I saw a video where they put a garden hose through the hole without a connector. (if you have the right size.) Did you try Intex website?

Thanks everyone. I don't recall getting an adaptor with the pool. I tried the Intex hose adaptor and it did not fit correctly. I had to resort to the ole siphon method and I have to say, it worked better than if I would have connected a garden hose to the drain at the bottom of the pool.

I recommend the siphon..haha

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.