Coleman Garden Hose Drain Adapter

NY Smokeater

Silver Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
Commack, NY
This may seem like an obvious question but i've gone to two pool stores and hardware stores and cannot find a solution. Is there a specific connector/adaptor to hook up a garden hose to the drain at the bottom of the pool?

Both the pool & hardware stores keep saying its not a standard thread and its proprietary. I've searched Bestway's site and cannot find a connection from the drain to a garden hose.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Are you trying to drain it down, or drain it empty??

How about just using a simple hose as a siphon? If you have a low spot in the yard to discharge the water to a siphon is easy and doesn't require anything special- just a hose.

Maddie

Reactions: Mdragger88

RoyalGorgeColorado

Bronze Supporter
Jun 10, 2020
Cañon City, CO
This may seem like an obvious question but i've gone to two pool stores and hardware stores and cannot find a solution. Is there a specific connector/adaptor to hook up a garden hose to the drain at the bottom of the pool?

Both the pool & hardware stores keep saying its not a standard thread and its proprietary. I've searched Bestway's site and cannot find a connection from the drain to a garden hose.
I am in the process of draining mine and I used the connector that came with my pool and I could not get it to connect without leaking and I could not have water leaking at that spot so I am doing the siphon method or I saw a video where they put a garden hose through the hole without a connector. (if you have the right size.) Did you try Intex website?

NY Smokeater

Silver Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
Commack, NY
Thanks everyone. I don't recall getting an adaptor with the pool. I tried the Intex hose adaptor and it did not fit correctly. I had to resort to the ole siphon method and I have to say, it worked better than if I would have connected a garden hose to the drain at the bottom of the pool.

I recommend the siphon..haha

beggehorn

Sep 14, 2015
Azusa, CA
I did not have a connector either. I used old hoses for siphon, it worked pretty well. The hardest part was getting the last 3" of water out :mad:
We used a shop vac (wet/dry vac) to suck out the last couple inches the last time we had to empty ours. Worked great! Be sure to plug the vac into a gfci protected outlet, etc. etc...