Coleman 18x48 vista power steel horizontal tube replacement.

May 16, 2018
Charlotte Hall, Maryland
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am in need of a horizontal tube replacement. I have the part. Due to running saltwater generator, one horizontal tube has rusted through.

Is there a way to replace a horizontal tube without draining pool?

I was thinking of using rachet strap around two vertical posts and easing tension off to replace horizontal, then ratcheting the vertical back together in order to get push anchors in.

Whatcha think?

I think you should drain the pool.

How many gallons of water are you playing with?

What on your property is going to get damaged or flooded If you lose control of the situation? This out in a big empty field?

You going to have helpers or doing this alone?

You have backup safety equipment in case your primary equipment fails in the middle of the job?

Tell us about your safety risk analysis for the project.

I think you should drain the pool.

That was my fear. Didnt want to because people have replaced verticals, (i know different scenario) without issue.

How many gallons of water are you playing with?

What on your property is going to get damaged or flooded If you lose control of the situation? This out in a big empty field?

Wash down a hill to a creek

You going to have helpers or doing this alone?

I was going to ask wife for help

You have backup safety equipment in case your primary equipment fails in the middle of the job?

I was going to use two ratchet straps, but unsure of force that may be caused.

Tell us about your safety risk analysis for the project.

Pray

Reactions: Beens
The rust you speak of has nothing to do with the SWCG in your pool. This can happen from plain old chlorine too. If it was a SWCG problem then everyone here with a SWCG would be rusting away and thats not the case. You can have a high salt content without ever putting a grain of salt in the water just from chlorine additions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.