Fishersville VA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
All - So we have had our pool for about a year now. We used it last year for a few months before we closed it, and it has been open since late April. We have never had any algae issues and our chemicals have stayed balanced. I test everything myself using a Taylor kit. When I opened it this spring there was a small patch of brown on the pool floor directly beneath the winter cover mesh area. It stained my brush bristles black when I tried to clean it and it never really went away. I posted a comment here but no one was really sure what it was...fast forward to the last month and I am starting to see areas of brown on the walls (pictures attached). I am at a loss of what is going on. I have brushed and scrubbed with a magic eraser and it does not come off. We were on vacation for the past week and I brought the FC up while we were gone (20 ppm then tapering to 14 ppm).

FC 12 (coming down from high levels while we were gone)
CC 0
pH 7.6
TA 100
CH 230
CYA 50
Salt 3400

One note of interest - I run my SWG at 15-20% unless our grandkids are over, then a little higher. I have only added muriatic acid once this year

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• DSCF4998.JPG
    DSCF4998.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF5007.JPG
    DSCF5007.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 20
Seems like metals, especially if the staining happened when FC was raised. Have you tried rubbing a vitamin C tablet on it to see if it's iron?

Reactions: mknauss
I was going to suggest vitamin C as well. It looks like what I was getting in my last pool and needed to hit the water with it.

I wonder what the water supply is like there in Fishersville. On a well by chance?
Thanks for the reply, we are on city water. Water quality is very good so I am doubting that it is metals. I have never used copper based algaecide, my PB added algaecide once last year when closing but it was copper free

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.