Clueless! New to forum

Day #3: I bumped up the FC from 12 to 15 last night before bed, this morning was down to FC 5 again. That was quite the battle last night & a lot of dead soldiers this morning! Lol! I plan to keep FC bumped up to 15 since I will be home for several days & can give the pool lots of attention:grin: Day 3 pic (slightly lighter green)

If leaves and stuff came up then you still need to rake. After raking then you brush to keep the walls and floor clean and get everything stirred :stirpot: up so the filter can catch it.

To post a picture again I think you can go up to the top right and hit "Settings" right under "Pool School" and on that next page in the left column is a box "My Settings" and at the bottom of that is "attachments". If you delete the photos you've already posted you can post new ones. It doesn't delete the previous photo from your previous post only attachments history.

A better option on the photos is to open a photobucket account www.photobucket.com. Then you upload your pictures to that site, then open the pic you want to post here, to the right of the picture will be 4 options, just click on the bottom option, then paste that into your post here and it will magically appear. You can save a bunch of photos to photobucket before you reach a limit there.

This is going to be another fun one to watch!!!

Glenn

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SLAM Day #4: I'm maintaining the higher SLAM level now.... FC 15. Overnight dropped down to 9. Slightly lighter green and cloudier today. We have had a lot of rain:( My plan is to keep up the FC 15, keep sweeping & let the Polaris do his thing. I also put a stocking in the skimmer basket (or is it too early in the SLAM to do that?). Day 4 pic:

Oh yes, and I'll be doing another bleach run!!! LOL :super:

Thanks for the encouragement y'all :D I was feeling lonely today... just me and a messed up pool!! I guess I need more patience, but as I look back on my own pics, I'm thinking there has been no progress in 4 days :(:( I know I'm working hard & doing all the right things AND that it didn't take 4 days of neglect for my pool to get this way..... Just wish I could see more BLUE and less GREEN :sad:

- - - Updated - - -

Kiss: OMG!!!
Fox: Were you clear after 2 weeks??

I used a small pond pump to stir up each box worth before pouring it into the pool. Those pool store chemicals may not have helped but their bucket worked great ;) It was a pain in the rear and it seemed to take forever but finally got it all in and the acid and I'm thinking it does look better and it sure feels slipperier. I think it was worth the hundred bucks.

You put a stocking of what in the skimmer ??

Keep that FC up and you'll be seeing blue soon.

Yes, I have a stocking in the skimmer (I saved all those old pantyhose for a good reason after all!!). Do I need to be thinking about borate at this point? The Testkit-100 doesn't even have a test for that does it??:testkit::scratch:

Do I need to be thinking about borate at this point? The Testkit-100 doesn't even have a test for that does it??:testkit::scratch:

It's an option and something you might do once the pool is blue !! :paddle: Borates are tested with strips and the test strips can be ordered with a TF-100 or separately but they don't come in the kit. http://tftestkits.net/Borates-Test-Strips-p29.html
I bought the kit, the stirrer, a new filter gauge and the strips all at one time. It was like Christmas :santa:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.