Cloudy Water

Bama Rambler said:
You can also use a vacuum hose stuck in the skimmer bottom port and weighted in the pool. That will pump out a lot of water.
That is one way I have used to drain below my skimmer opening for winter...it goes fast! I leave my vacuum head (cheap trangular blue one) on the end...that is my weight.

Didn't drain as much as I wanted to because of bad weather here, but did drain a signifigant amount. I would guess about 20%. Retested tonight and it is as follows

fc 11
cc 1.5
tc 12.5
ta 120
ch 310
cya 95

So this morning I woke up and went to check out the pool and I could finally see the bottom of the deep end! It was crystal clear. There was a pile of leaves and acorns that had accumalated in the deep end that I missed so I grabbed my leaf rake and grabbed a big scoop and when I did a cloud of yellow/green came out of the leaves and now the pool is cloudy again. Im sure it will go away but I am curious if this was dead algea that had settled?

My current test results were:

fc 11
cc 2
tc 13
ta 120
ch 320
cya 80
ph 7.3

I shocked it last night because we have had rain, maybe that is why it was so clear this morning. Would it be okay to shock again tonight?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.