Cloudy water

May 25, 2012
In-ground
Vinyl liner
25,000 gal
Indiana

We opened our pool last weekend. When we opened the cover the water was clear. After sweeping and cleaning the pool, I tested the water and added 3 gallons liquid stabilizer and the suggested amount of chlorine to bring it to shock level (even though it was showing no combined chlorine). The pool was beautiful until today when we opened the cover and found cloudy water. I tested the water and it was showing 0 free chlorine, 0 combined chlorine, cya 60. I put those numbers in the app and added 4.5 gallons of liquid shock. An hour or so later, I tested again and found 0 free chlorine and 0 combined chlorine. Since it was still cloudy, I added 4.5 more gallons of liquid shock. It is not clearing up whatsoever. In the meantime, I backwashed the filter. I just rechecked and my numbers are: Free chlorine 20, combined chlorine .5, pH 7.8, total alk 150, calcium hardness 250, cya 60. Any suggestions? My ego is a little hurt! Since I have been using following with TFP for the past 5 years or so I have never had cloudy water! Please help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.