Cloudy Water :(

Is there a max FC that if it gets to it i should be turning off the SWG and letting it go back down before turning it back on?
SLAM level FC (40% of CYA) is the max. Might want to turn down the SWCG before you get there.

Reactions: IronMan13
Help!!!! My cloudy water is back and I don't know why and/or what I'm doing wrong 😭 after starting this thread and getting everything cleared up it was perfect. Had multiple people over during the 4th of July and everything stayed perfectly clear and levels stayed good (see pool math logs). The past 2 days it got cool and rainy here so we haven't used the pool and have kept it covered.

Opened it tonight to check it out and test levels and water was cloudy again. Tested and not only did I have 0 FC but my PH also dropped.

I have my pump scheduled to run 14 hours per day and the SWG set to 60%. Which should be 3.6 FC added per day.

Did my pool just "catch" something again and since I hadn't checked it for 2 days it was able to take hold? Could there be something wrong with my SWG? And if it's that how do I test/check it to confirm that?

Attachments

• IMG_20210708_184116.jpg
    IMG_20210708_184116.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 8
We can help you with the IC60 later, but first you'll want to be sure and add some liquid chlorine/regular bleach ASAP if you haven't done so already. I'd push that FC up to about 8-10 right away. Test again before bed to ensure it's still in the 8-20 range and do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test with the SWG off so we can first see if something did get in the water and is eating-up that chlorine. So let's see if you can pass an OCLT before troubleshooting your SWG. Hang in there.

Reactions: Mdragger88
We can help you with the IC60 later, but first you'll want to be sure and add some liquid chlorine/regular bleach ASAP if you haven't done so already. I'd push that FC up to about 8-10 right away. Test again before bed to ensure it's still in the 8-20 range and do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test with the SWG off so we can first see if something did get in the water and is eating-up that chlorine. So let's see if you can pass an OCLT before troubleshooting your SWG. Hang in there.
Thanks!!!!! I only had 1 gallon of 10% on hand that I dumped in, will need to go to the store to get some more. I'll go grab some more and get at least 2 more gallons in. That should take me up to 13 FC and then I'll check before bed and again in the morning and report back.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Morning! So I tested last night before bed and had 15 FC. This morning woke up and got my sample and tested and FC was 12. So definitely failed the OCLT. I assume next steps for clearing it up is to do another SLAM, so I'll get started on that this weekend, back to the office now so can't do anything today 😕

As far as the IC60, is there anything I can go ahead and do to confirm it's functioning? Should I just go ahead and contact my pool builder since I'm still less than a year old on it?

Thanks for the help!

What lights are showing on the IC60? Do you have automation? How long are you running the pump?

What lights are showing on the IC60? Do you have automation? How long are you running the pump?

All lights appear normal, all the ones that should be on are and are green (sorry I'd grab a pic but at work now). I do have automation and prior to this round of cloudiness I had the pump set to run for 14 hours per day and had the IC60 set to 60% output. It's showing my salt levels at around 3450 and in my testing with my kit it usually tests about 200 higher.

I just updated my schedule to now run 18 hours per day at 75% output on the IC60.

If the lights on the IC are all green and the % generation and pump run time are enough to create the FC needed, you are fine. If the FC is being eaten up it is algae.

If your pool will pass a OCLT and the water is crystal clear, then raise your FC using liquid chlorine to at or above target range for your CYA and set the SWCG to generate at least 4 ppm FC per day (75% and 18 hours is 5.6 ppm FC per day in your pool volume).

If the lights on the IC are all green and the % generation and pump run time are enough to create the FC needed, you are fine. If the FC is being eaten up it is algae.

If your pool will pass a OCLT and the water is crystal clear, then raise your FC using liquid chlorine to at or above target range for your CYA and set the SWCG to generate at least 4 ppm FC per day (75% and 18 hours is 5.6 ppm FC per day in your pool volume).
Had my wife send me a pic of the IC60. So basically I just miss-calculated on my prior settings so my chlorine generation was too low which allowed some algae to sneak in. So once I get it cleared up again and get my settings adjusted to generate the correct amount of chlorine I should be good going forward?

Attachments

• IMG_20210709_084305.jpg
    IMG_20210709_084305.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 4
Yes. That IC is generating chlorine.

The other tell is bubbles in the pool returns when the CELL light is green.

Reactions: IronMan13

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yep, SWG must be working. We had a storm roll through here today and had some hail damage and so we've been cleaning up from that. Just now got around to uncovering the pool a bit and testing it. FC went up to 13 from 12 earlier this morning. Afaik the only way that would happen is if my SWG was working since I haven't added anything to it since yesterday and it's been covered all day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.