Cloudy water with balanced Chemicals

Never Post before because, I usually find the guidance needed to get through my pool issues. Been using the TFP method for a few years now, and haven't walked into a pool store in since :).

However I'm having troubles with cloudy water this year. Keeping FC around 5 and CC under .4 , PH is hovering from 7.4 to 7.5 and alkalinity is at 80, Borates 50, CYA 40.

I keep loosing around 2.5 FC each night but my CC still is coming in around .2 to .4 . Don't want to SLAM if I don't need to. Looking for a little advise.

Running the pump 24/7 (1-1/2 HP Super Pump with Pentair SD-80 sand filter)

Great job on the years of solid management, it sounds like you have a pretty good grasp on things. No shame in having to SLAM every few years, happens to all of us.

And that is the answer, with cloudy water and 2.5 overnight FC loss, you need to initiate the SLAM Process. Follow it through to completion, don't try to shortcut anything or end it early, and things will be back to their normal clear and stable conditions in no time.

Oh, and since it is your first post let me welcome you to TFP! :wave: A 5 year belated welcome is better than never.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.