Cloudy Water still after 3 weeks!! Help please!

I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who helped me turn my cloudy water into perfectly crystal clear class water!

I guess this proves my sand filter is working fine.

However, there is a whole other problem, but I am going to go ahead and create a new thread for that.

Thanks again! :)

Honestly, after we added the clarifier, it cleared up within 3-4 days max. But I think they key thing is making sure your FC overnight test shows no organics in the pool. If it doesn't, then find your CYA level and the corresponding shock level, and keep it as close to the shock level as possible. My husband and I were both working at the time, so it was very difficult, but we brought the pool up to shock level in the morning, and then right when we got home from work, and then before bed. I am sorry I am responding so late. I see that you posted back in April. I don't frequent this board as much as I should. ;)

I realize this is an older post but I wanted to respond in case it helped any future users who are just looking through old forums. We had cloudy water for a LONG time one summer a few years back when we used a sand filter. NO ONE could figure out why since our readings seemed perfect. It turned out that our filter had developed a fine hairline crack in it and the cloudiness was actually sand being blown around the water. We spent so much wasted money on chemicals for almost a month until this was discovered. We sucked up the sand, changed to a new cartridge filter and it cleared right up.

It turned out that our filter had developed a fine hairline crack in it and the cloudiness was actually sand being blown around the water. We spent so much wasted money on chemicals for almost a month until this was discovered. .

Was the crack in the tank or laterals, head? How was it discovered?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.