PH is about 6.8
Bro. Is 0
Alk. Is 30
Cya is 0
Calc. Hardness 200
Phosphate is at 2200
Can anyone tell me where to start?
Thanks

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Are those pool store test results? Do you have your own test kit? A TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C is preferred. Also be sure to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. We'll do our best to help.

It is a tylor K 2006c kit
Interesting since you listed phosphates and the Taylor kit doesn't test for that. In any case, you have no chlorine or CYA (stabilizer) with cloudy water. Most certainly an algae problem. You'll want to follow the SLAM Process.
1. Add enough baking soda to increase the TA to about 80 ppm.
2. Add stabilizer for a CYA target of 30,
3. Increase the FC level to 12 and maintain it using liquid chlorine.

Follow the SLAM Process page carefully and you should do fine.

Reactions: duade
You can ignore the phosphate number from the store. We here at TFP don't treat for phosphates that they believe support algae growth, we treat the algae itself. In cases like this, liquid chlorine is your water's best friend when applied in the proper amount and maintained until the SLAM is complete (all 3 passing criteria). You may need a fair amount of chlorine to begin with as the chlorine level may drop quickly and drastically when first applied, so be prepared to test frequently at first. In fact, once you first increase the FC to 12, I'd test again in about 10-15 minutes to see how well it held, the increase again if it fell. Eventually it should stabilize to where you test and increase the FC 3-4 times per day, but the SLAM page should do it for you.

Reactions: Momma4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.