Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital Nano+ PPC2
Hi all,

I opened my pool to a green swamp this year and immediately began the SLAM procedure 7 days ago. I think I followed it correctly and water improved significantly, but I have some stubborn cloudiness.

I've passed CC and OCLT conditions, but pool is still cloudy can't see bottom in deep end (6.5 feet). Cloudiness has improved a bit, but not really much change in last 48 hours.

I think my numbers look OK (Pool Math link below), have brushed, vacuumed and cleaned cartridges regularly.

Does it just need more time? I'm surprised because I'm running pump at max 24/7 this whole time, which I imagine turns over my relatively small pool pretty quickly. The other thing I was thinking is could the cloudiness be from Salt? The company that opened pool did added 4 bags upon opening. The SWG is not running per instructions, would turning it on help?

Thanks!

Joe

Attachments

• 20210501_095312.jpg
    20210501_095312.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 16
Joe, can you confirm what type of filter you have? I don't see it in your signature (please add). Looks like you're very close, but crystal clear water is still a SLAM passing requirement. I wouldn't bother with another OCLT until the water is crystal. Keep at it!

Oh thats helpful, thanks. It did seem extreme to be running max, but thought it might speed up the process?

I added filter to signature, odd its not showing up. It's a Hayward Swimclear cartridge filter.

Reactions: Texas Splash
What is the optimal pump speed (%) for SLAM ?
Welp. That depends. Lol. So for chemistry purposes you just want the water good and mixed so low RPMs is fine to stir the water. (1k-ish).

But. All the dead algae needs filtering, and more flow equals more filtering. So it will take considerably longer at a low RPM to filter all the crud out. The single speed folks have no choice. They just run full bore as long as it takes. It hurts their electric bill but it goes quicker.

There is no right/wrong answer here. Just listing the pros/cons.

I'm sure there are a number of pros/cons.

Surely the time required to clear the water is a big factor, if not the biggest. Some of us are spending a fortune on chlorine, & most places are now sold out!

So, does that mean we want a high pump speed, somewhat conflicting the 1x00 rpm advice?

Ima try to start YA thread regarding dropping SLAM chlorine level when only trying to clear water. :censored:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.