Cloudy water from returns with SWG running.

cdchris1

Apr 28, 2016
SW Chicago/IL
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi. I recently left my cover open and used the rain storms we got to refill our pool, probably 2-3" worth. I bumped my chlorine up a bit (should have been around 14 according to math, but did not measure) anticipating some dilution and planned on adjusting my salt and CYA after it was filled. I ran a full batch of tests this morning (results below), but noticed that the pool was slightly cloudy. I also noticed that when the SWG is running, I am getting very cloudy water coming from all of my returns. I know that there is normally some bubbling when it runs, but this is extremely cloudy and not like I typically get. It also seems to be worse with the heater running. I think the overall cloudiness is coming from the returns as when just the spa is on, it clouds over entirely and then clears once it is off. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

FC: 12.5
CC: 0
PH: 7.6 (FC is high, so this probably is higher as well, it was 7.3 before the rain)
TA: 150
CH: 550
CYA: 40 (plan on bringing it up to 60)

One of those odd occurrences with a SWCG. Normally see it reported in spring, cooler water temperatures, etc. Never is an issue, it will clear. It is just hydrogen gas.

Thanks, I wasn’t sure if that was the case or if there was something else. I have seen it when I first open in the spring, but I have never seen it this bad. I’ll keep a close eye on it for the next few days. Thanks again.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.