Test results after 2nd partial drain and refill(previous test results in RED):

FC = .5 ppm/ 1.5 ppm
CC = 1 ppm/ .25 ppm
TC = 1.5 ppm/1.75 ppm
CH = 400 ppm/ 350 ppm
TA = 380 ppm/ 280 ppm
CYA = 120 ppm/ 65 ppm
PH = 7.5 ppm/ 7.5 ppm

Water is clear. What are my next steps? SLAM??

Got the CYA to drop 55 ppm.

Good Job! Use CYA of 60 and SLAM with a shock level of FC 24. Might drop the pH to 7.2 with a little acid.

Should clean up pretty quick with all the new water.

Take care.

Ok, started SLAM on Monday using the FC level of 26 then Tuesday morning saw the 2nd post indicating it should be 28. Raised FC level to 28 and have been testing every 1.5 hours and adding liquid chlorine as need to get level back up to 28. Checked level Tuesday night and FC was 29. Did OCLT Wednesday morning and FC loss was 8 ppm. Continued SLAM on Wednesday, checking every 1.5-2 hours, keeping FC level at 28. Did OCLT this morning and FC loss was again 8 ppm. Continuing SLAM today but I am running out of R-0871 (just ordered XL Option this morning) so what should I do if I can't check FC levels since I am almost out of R-0871?

We did get a lot of rain (1/4") over the last 18 hours so I am thinking that might be contributing to my FC loss.

Also, with FC levels of 28 is the pool safe to swim in? I'm thinking no but wanted to check.

Thanks!

If you have to go a few days without testing I would personally add about half of the liquid chlorine you have been adding, even though it is blind. You might backtrack some but I would not want you to go crazy over either. So if you have been needed to add 2 gal of liquid chlorine a day, back that off to 1 gal spread out during the day.

You can swim safely as long as the ph is between 7.2 and 7.8; your FC is at SLAM or under, and you can see the bottom of the deep end. In your case, I would suggest not wearing your designer swimwear until you get the water balanced with your new reagents coming in the mail.

Take care.

Also - rain has negligible effect on water chemistry unless of Ark building amounts.

SLAM complete a couple of days ago. Pool looking great.

Current testing results:

FC = 8 ppm
CC = 0 ppm
TC = 8 ppm
CH = 350 ppm
TA = 270 ppm
CYA = 65 ppm
PH = 8.2 ppm

I added Muratic Acid yesterday using pool math but no change in level noted. Should I keep adding acid until I get and notable decrease in PH?

SLAM complete a couple of days ago. Pool looking great.

Current testing results:

FC = 8 ppm
CC = 0 ppm
TC = 8 ppm
CH = 350 ppm
TA = 270 ppm
CYA = 65 ppm
PH = 8.2 ppm

I added Muratic Acid yesterday using pool math but no change in level noted. Should I keep adding acid until I get and notable decrease in PH?
Yes. Because you may be well off the top of the scale. Just keep repeating it until the pH comes into range. Then you'll know where you're at and can fine tune it to wherever you want.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.