Cloudy underwater, maintaining FC, TC same. Crystaly up top.

Re: Cloudy underwater, maintaining FC, TC same. Crystaly up

Who knows, I might be a million years old before I can afford some of these toys. Think I'll just need to work harder. ;)

So I went and found a video of the PoolBlaster Max on YT, looks pretty cool, I like it!!
But the real issue, of course the guy asks this, does the girl come /w it? ;)

I see it comes with a coarse filter bag, that's not gonna work. I know from experience that the knee highs still aren't fine enough for this silt. I see Water Tech has a micro filter insert and a sand/silt bag, but they're $30 or so. YIKES!!
Cut the head off a Duda-Diesel bag and stick it in there. Think that might work?

A few questions, there's a PB Max, PB Max HD and a PB Max CG. Any idea what the differences are?
If not, that's cool, I can call them and ask.
The HD looks different, and is listed as having more power than the PB Max, but is no longer on Water Tech's website. The CG is commercial grade and has more power than just the plain old Max, which it looks like the same design. So I'm betting they updated the PB Max HD model to look like the, I'm assuming newer design of the PB Max and changed the suffix letters to CG for commercial grade. Not to be confused with the PB Pro, totally different beast as far as design and power goes, same base design though, just a whole different league which I don't need.
It seems that the unit with less power, the PB Max vs. the CG/HD is simply a smaller battery pack, /w less voltage, thus lower RPM on the motor and less suction. If that's the case, I would totally go for the bigger one.

Also, as you mentioned, it seems it has a dumb charger? YAY!!
Why, oh why in today's technological universe they would even use such 1980's tech is beyond me.
A smart charger is soooo much better.
Looks like they did that here by augmenting the unit with a better charger, but no real consensus. PB Max Replacement Charger/Battery
Have you had any luck with one, how old is yours, what sort of life have you gotten out of the battery?

Is its suction as good as the video shows?
They show it's able to even pick larger things up, like leaves when it's just hovering over them, not touching the bottom and that it grabs things well in front of it too. Very important, saves vacuuming time. :)
Here's the video BTW, if you haven't seen it, or seen this one specifically.
Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Demo Video

OK, I think I hammered you with enough questions. :hammer:
Thanks! :mrgreen:

Hi there. Yes indeed mine will pick up leaves, but I think it is the heavier duty one. I dont mean a pile but in the course of regular leaves, it does. I've also really never seen it leave any dirt behind, but maybe that's because it picks up so much organic matter it actually helps keep the fine particles in. But I also filter a lot to keep the leaves heading toward the skimmer via Venturi effect, eg I only shut off pump at night, and often just leave the pump going to prevent sinkage (we have azaleas and rose of sharons that constantly drop flowers into the pool all summer...pretty as long as the get over to the skimmer ;)

I got mine in may and haven't had any problems at all with the battery. I get at least two full cleanings out
before I recharge. But I do always drain it well, let it dry out, and store it in the poolhouse. Some of the reviews i read at amazon suggested this is the best way to make it last - plus not overcharging the battery.

I actually like the thing so much I'm a little wary about going with a robot that costs ten times as much and due to my steep well and sloped sides might have trouble "automagically" getting those channels where the slopes join.

Fortunately, I've found an indie pool store where I like the owner and she's going to let me try any demo units she has before I buy. So next year I plan to do some test-driving ;)

I don't see any reason you couldn't use a dudadeisel bag inside the regular filter bag. Heck of a lot cheaper.
Maybe you should ask Santa for a blaster for Xmas ;) maybe they'll have some great discounts then!

Thanks for the info Swampwoman.
Sounds like a great little vac, I'll definitely have to eyeball it.
You mention having to dry it out, I was reading about that, why, it's an underwater device, what's with that?

Christmas present from Santa, naaaaa. Not in our family, we don't buy each other expensive gifts. It's just our thing. :)

It needs to dry out to keep the integrity of the electrical components in tact.
It operates underwater with the internal pump on, which is different than just sitting in the water ;)

An update on my journey.
I was able to successfully vacuum up all the dust and ash at the bottom of my pool, the stuff that the cheap and ineffective Intex venturi vacuum wouldn't hold.

I maybe have about 5% left on the bottom of my pool, I'm confident I can get the rest next time. Mainly missed some from being tired and dark.

See my link for all the details on the cheap vacuum I rigged up. I have posted in the AGP section so those that have these pools can benefit.
Cheap Alt. to Intex Venturi Vac. - Vacuuming To Filter

I'm happy to report that I only lost 1ppm in 8hrs last night and that was after checking it about 2hrs past sunrise, but with the sun still very, very low and shaded by a tree for much of that time. So I'm happy. I'll vacuum again as soon as I have time and keep my shock level up till then.

Gotta dunk my head under and see if it's still cloudy, or if so, if it's any better since last time I checked. I'm also still planning on rigging up a photo underwater.

Swampwoman said:
It needs to dry out to keep the integrity of the electrical components in tact.
It operates underwater with the internal pump on, which is different than just sitting in the water ;)

So the electronics area is not a sealed chamber?

Swampwoman said:
It is sealed when the "on" plug/twist device is in and turned.
It is not sealed when you turn if off/remove the plug.

MFG states it needs to drain so I drain it.

Yeah I recall that from the video, but I'll definitely have some questions for the manufacturer before I finally buy. I appreciate the information you have been able to provide and putting up with my questions.
User experiences from people that are good reliable sources, IE. not flakes that can't even operate a toaster *winks* are worth their weight in gold, so I really appreciate it, very very much!

Thanks for being a part of this awesome forum where we all have so much fun in our little pool nerd land. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.