Mguenette

May 22, 2022
Worcester, MA
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
When I opened my pool a few weeks ago it had dark green algae. I shocked it with liquid shock and it’s now blue but cloudy. I have shocked it 3-4 times, added clarifier and a couple days ago I added floc (which I now know was not a good idea). When I went to vacuum up the floc I realized my vacuum was broken (I have a new one on the way). I didn’t want the pool to turn green again so I turned the filter on (which I also know was a bad idea 😩) What should I do now? I’ve read a little bit about SLAM but didn’t know if I should do that with the floc still in the pool.

Welcome to the forum!
With your volume of pool, it would be best to drain it, clean it, replace the sand in the filter, and start over.
First, order a proper test kit. I suggest the TF-100 or Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.
Once the pool is full again, add 3 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine. Add 30 ppm CYA worth of stabilizer. Once you get your kit, run a full set of tests and post them up here.
I suggest you read through Pool School - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.