Cloudy pool, very frustrated. Need help!

Edgewood

May 10, 2020
Connecticut
Hey all! Last year we had amazing water all year long, the first part of this season our pool was looking amazing, but for the last 2-3 weeks or so, the pool has been green and cloudy. We had a TON of rain in the Northeast lately and I just can't seem to gain control of this problem. The more I read, the more confused and overwhelmed I get. Being that it's supposed to be so hot this week, I was trying to not add too many chemicals so the kids could still swim. I'm trying to figure out what the experts here recommend I do. Here are my current numbers

FC- 1.5
CC- 0
PH- 7.4
TA- 80
CH- 60
CYA- 30

Just cleaned the pool filter again today for the 4th time in 2 weeks and set the SWG to 50% which runs for 14 hrs/day on a timer. Salt levels are reading 2500ppm on the screen. I will be adding salt today as well. I just dont know where to start, which order to add them in and whether or not it will still be safe for swimming. I'm driving myself nuts over here and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Good job posting your test results! It jumps out that your FC is below the minimum for your CYA. Quickly supplement the FC with liquid chlorine. You’ll have to SLAM, too.

Definitely sounds need to SLAM and your current CYA level is great for that. Turn off the SWG during that process and use liquid chlorine or bleach. Once the SLAM is complete, then you may need to raise your CYA according to the chart and your SWG should be able to keep you at the recommended FC levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.