Rockledge, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hello folks! I’m at my moms house and her pool became cloudy after a trip and some advice from a pool store. I didn’t bring my test kit so we are relying on pinch a penny test results. I don’t live close enough to go home and get it. Next trip I’ll bring one and teach her to use it. But for now, here are the results according to PP.

Pool is about 15 yr old but was refinished 2 yrs ago with mini pebble. She has a brand new filter and an old single speed pump. No heater. She does have a robot vacuum. They bought this house about 1 yr ago and had crystal clear water until this trip to PP. Prior to that someone was taking care of it but they left

She uses liquid chlorine. There is no SWG
FC - 9.9
pH - 8.0
TA - 90
CH - 245
CYA - 70

Pool is cloudy but still clear if that makes sense. Maybe it makes more sense to call it hazy?
Where does she start on fixing things?
A748AB77-10FA-4FEF-842A-3365A2EABA10.jpeg

Lower the pH to 7.2

If you believe the CYA, raise it to SLAM level. Hopefully it will clear quickly.

Thank you!!

I believe it. They had her buy this but in a 5lb bag:

And this: Suncoast Total Alkalinity Increaser

I will get her to try that. We will order her test kit and she agreed to learn to use it so that is a win

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.