Cloudy pool - I can't get it back to crystal clear.....

FC 0.5 PH 7.2 TA 80 CH 400 CYA 100

I have been using the pucks all summer so I would assume that is why the cya is so high ( I also have been reading that 100 is the cap and it could be higher than that, no I haven't diluted and retested). I have been reading and it appears people drain their pool to get that cya number down. We are getting closer to the end of the season here. Any recommendations? Drain and refill this year, ride it out and drain and refill spring, or winterize in a month and retest in spring? Thanks again for all the help.

Did you perform the extended test? FC CC and TC. Also, I would take 50% pool water and 50% tap water. Mix in a bottle first real well and then use 50% mixed water and 50% solution. Then perform test. Your CYA may be over 100.

Please confirm test. You will lose a little CYA over the winter. Because of the size of your pool, it is up to you. Do now or do later. You can do some this year and some in the spring. Key is to close when close late and open early.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.