Cloudy but chemistry is balanced

Have you added DE again for another 1 PSI pressure rise? If so, how long before you have to backwash? There may be something funky going on in your Sand Filter or you just have a lot of debris that enters the pool. I added DE Fiber Clear about 6-8 weeks ago, maybe longer. To date, I still have not had to backwash. Never used any clarifiers or other types of magic potions and the water just looks so "polished"

Have you considered a cleaning the sand?

That was my pool all summer 3-4 months. Backwashed once a month maybe, as pressure was always the same.

Then we got massive rains coupled with leaving solar cover on for days, equals algae I guess. Hot, humid, wet.

So, yes, was adding de and backwashing several times a day after that. Eventually twice, then once a day. Now it's clear so no more de. I do have fine dust (dead algae)on the floor the de doesnt seem to pickup but it's less every day. Not much, so not a big concern.

First year with a pool, so no clue if my filter is acting normally or not. Tearing it apart and cleaning it may be more than what I'm comfortable with.

That was my pool all summer 3-4 months. Backwashed once a month maybe, as pressure was always the same.

Did you at all add DE during this time? If you add DE now, does your pressure rise this quickly in a day or so, or at least 2-3 days? If so, then clearly I am thinking that your sand has been compromised through magic potions, like clarifiers, etc.

First year with a pool, so no clue if my filter is acting normally or not. Tearing it apart and cleaning it may be more than what I'm comfortable with.

If you are seeing fast rise with DE in a few days after the SLAM, then the sand change (in this case may be your best bet). We usually do not recommend a sand change unless absolutely necessary. If you are not comfortable with the deep cleaning first, then hire someone for the project, etc.

Personally, I have not cleaned my sand since day one. During the season I use skimmer socks, clean the floor with socks, etc. Very little if any debris will get past the skimmers and the pump basket. Considering my filtering is at par, especially with DE Fiber Clear, I feel that taking it apart may be worse. Why fix something that is not broken. As mentioned earlier, I started the DE this year because my filter pressure never increased as my sand filter pressure never increased. There really is no junk that enters the pool and now that a big oak tree is coming down, there will be almost nothing at all.

Good luck and keep us posted. If your water is crystal clear without the DE, then nothing to be done. But you are telling me that your floor is still not up to par. Try also using skimmer socks when vacuuming as everything on the floor and walls will be caught in the sock. Take your time as the hour you spend vacuuming super slowly will ensure that you do not loosen anything up. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.