Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-20
Good morning,
Here in upstate NY closing pool 13,500 gallon above ground salt water pool, within next 2 days. 2nd year closing new pool. Tested FC 6, CYA 60, PH 7.5. According to SLAM chart my closing FC will need to be 24. I’m adding plain liquid bleach, should I add a gallon at a time with pump running. How long does it need to circulate? Added to 24 ppm FC last year and opened to pristine pool with 6 ppm FC.
Temp of water 70 right now.

Good morning,
Here in upstate NY closing pool 13,500 gallon above ground salt water pool, within next 2 days. 2nd year closing new pool. Tested FC 6, CYA 60, PH 7.5. According to SLAM chart my closing FC will need to be 24. I’m adding plain liquid bleach, should I add a gallon at a time with pump running. How long does it need to circulate? Added to 24 ppm FC last year and opened to pristine pool with 6 ppm FC.
Temp of water 70 right now.
You can add it all at once. Just do it slowly, like a gallon every two minutes with a pencil stream over a return. Brush around a bit. Keep pump on. If you have a robot, throw it in, that will help circulate. Couple hours at most to get it circulated. If you want to be super safe, pump for 24 hours.

What type of cover do you have?

Any way you can let the water temp get down to 60 before you close? Would really help. I don't close, in northeast ohio, until at least October 15 to let temps get down into the 60s.

If your going to add polyquat 60, it will eat some FC. I added it a couple of days before I closed and let it circulate. Then bring up to slam before closing. I used the poly 60 cause sometimes I couldn't wait til 60. I agree with poolstored wait if you can til water temps reach 60.

when you guys say get water temps down to 60, do you mean 60 or in the 60's ...like 65 or so?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.