Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi forum,

This is the first season we are closing our fiberglass pool with embedded hot tub. Despite my wishes, I have agreed to allow a "professional" close our pool to be a good spouse. However, I've been thinking about our pool, the hot tub, and winterization because I want to ensure we don't have any unexpected issues come next year.

I think our pool will follow a relatively standard winterization process with the exception of the hot tub suction lines. Since they are only ~2' feet below the water surface, I believe we'll need to request from the company doing the closing that the lines are plugged and filled with antifreeze. A simple airlock will not do. I've attached a picture for reference.

Are there any other precautions I should look out for?

Within the pool there is one skimmer, two drains on a single suction line, and three return jets (one return line). In the hot tub, there are two drains (1 suction line) and 6 return jets (two return lines, 1 from pool equipment for spill-over, 1 from hot tub heater).

I have confirmed with the closing company that they will not drain any water as that would void our pool warranty.

Attachments

• PXL_20231009_222121192.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231009_222121192.MP.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 5
The lines can be capped/plugged while air is blowing out of them once the covers are removed. The closing company is using a cyclone and there is no water left in the pipe to need antifreeze.

Take the day off to shadow them. As soon as they get there, hand every worker $20 and tell them you need to learn how to manage your new pool. $20 each, upfront, will afford you lots of worker patience as you snap 1000 pics to remind you of all the steps next year. Purchase a cyclone and it's free before you finish closing your first time next year.

Added bonus: watch the pics in reverse to know how to open it in the spring. This is where the pump /heater / filter drain plugs go....... etc etc.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.