Closing Pool Help/Questions

tpirovol

Jun 17, 2020
Toronto
Hi Everyone,

Since this was my first year closing the pool I didn't want to do anything wrong. I hired a company to come out and close the pool. Before closing the pool I checked my levels (FC 12, PH 7.8, TA 90, CH 177). I cleaned the pool, scrubbed and vacuum and set the robot on it all day. I then backwashed it 2x thoroughly and took out the ladder.

He came over and just had a couple of questions.
1) He added no chemical should he have and should I?
2) There was no drain plug in the heater and he did nothing inside the heater, should we do something? I remember a switch inside the heater. He did turn off the gas line
3) We added those air balloons I had but we did not tie it off so it is just moving around, should I go out and tie it off??
4) He tied it down over the skimmer, is this correct and does will this add pressure?
5) I have an inline salt gen should he have done anything?

He Complete
1) Used a crazy pump to drain the water 2" below the return jet
2) Put a plug in the return
3) Put a plug in the skimmer that I bought. Swimline Skim Guard Winterizer Gizzmo (Black) | Pool Supplies Canada
4) He unplugged everything and turned the gas line off
5) Blew every line and every component separately with an industrial blower and until it came out clean beyond the mist.

Anything else I should do? I think he did a decent job besides the balloon.
Thanks Terry

Some show it covered others dont, Also some show it with he return line disconnected. I do have a quick disconnect so I could disconnect it and then put it over the skimmer box and just cover the opening of the return line??

Attachments

• 144295_1_2013812154743.jpg
    144295_1_2013812154743.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Round-Leaf-Net-Pool-Cover-500x500.jpg
    Round-Leaf-Net-Pool-Cover-500x500.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 10
The list looks about right. We cover our skimmer. (It was moved to take the pic.) We remove our lines below the skimmer and return openings at the union. We do not plug the skimmer or the return in case of rain before it freezes so the extra water can escape thru the openings.
DSCN0332.JPG
Tie the "balloons so they stay in place but not too tight so they can move a little.

Other things that need to be done:
Drain filter and pump completely of all water. Take off the drain cap and leave it off. Draining only by the drain cap will take too long. We tip our filter to get as much of the water out as possible. Store inside the regulator top, the pump and any hoses/lines. If you are leaving the filter outside, make sure you cover it to keep the water out all winter. We shut off the heater and close the valve to the gas line. We cover it with a tarp. We don't have a SWG.
DSCN0329.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.