Closing pool for season - filter clamp damage?

daxley

Jun 3, 2020
Rhode island
hello all!

This is my 3rd year owning this pool and I was closing today and ran into an issue.

The clamp was on too tight, was able to get the brass nut off however the clamp itself did not come off and it wont loosen with the brass nut completely off.

I had to use a rubber hammer and some lubricant and managed to loosen the clamp enough to slide it up and off my filter.

However my clamp now looks like this...anyone run into this before? Am i looking at buying a new clamp since this wont release?

Attachments

• 20230903_113918.jpg
    20230903_113918.jpg
    757.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230903_113926.jpg
    20230903_113926.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 10
Yes, replace it. Best to have a reliable new clamp on a pressure vessel. Also inspect the 2 filter halves for any damage.

I once bent the bolt on mine, resulting in a situation similar to yours. I don't close, so I needed a new clamp fast. I ran down to my local Leslie's. Turned out they don't stock the clamps, but the manager was kind enough to remove one from a floor display filter and sell it to me.

Reactions: daxley
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.