Closed - any additional steps?

JW1

Sep 4, 2019
SW Ohio
My pool was closed yesterday morning. Water temp was 58, FC 6.0, CYA 30, and I added 16 ounces of poly 60 thirty minutes prior to closing. I will monitor the water level and will pump out water throughout the winter if needed. My concern is we are having a warm stretch the next week with highs in the 70’s. Actually got to 80 yesterday afternoon and water was at 61 with the warmup. Low this morning was 43. Should I continue to test and add LC or am I overreacting? Weather will soon be highs in the upper 50’s and low’s in the 30’s in a about a week per the future forecast. I do have a mesh cover.

Attachments

• B5DC5E25-ADCC-41CC-B8B9-C94D80F4C1E7.jpeg
    B5DC5E25-ADCC-41CC-B8B9-C94D80F4C1E7.jpeg
    714.5 KB · Views: 10
you can pop a corner and add LQ if you want and move it around with a brush.. for next time just take it to SLAM level and call it a day :)

Closed last Wednesday with FC at 6.0 with a cya of 30. I Added 16 oz out poly 60. The weather has been warmer than typical, water has been 64-62 degrees. FC today was 2.0. Cold front is coming in tomorrow evening with a low of 35. Low on Friday night is 32. So I’m hoping it will cool this water down. The last neighborhood pool was closed on Monday. So it seems the timing is about right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.