Clorox

mbeck5

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2014
Dallas, Tx
Two weeks ago, I purchased several 3 - 1 gallon packs of Clorox 8.25% bleach(on the carton) for 9.99 at Costco. One of the jugs was actually 6.0%, thought they had just made a mistake. Went to a different Costco
today and all they had were 3 - 1 gallon packs that said 6.0% for the same 9.99. Anyone else finding this? Am I missing something? Didnt see any posts on this so thought I would ask. Thanks in advance for any input.

From Clorox --

Thank you for reaching out to us at Clorox, we always appreciate hearing from our consumers. Clorox Regular Concentrated Bleach should be the only type of bleach you put in your swimming pool. Although Clorox Performance Bleach with Cloromax Technology is an excellent product, it is not intended for swimming pools."

The Cloromax stuff has polymers.
Buyer beware ---
Take care.

Note also that they've dropped the concentration from 8.25% to 6%, yet the price remains the same!?

Stick with grocery store brands or Walmart 8% stuff. Cheaper and no hidden problem ingredients (polymers, etc)

Clorox pool products labeled Xtrablue even contain COPPER!! UGH!!!

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've been using the "Performance" for about two years now with now problems. I clean my filter twice a year and haven't noticed any buildup. I'll look for the basic though just to be on the same page.

Performance is fine. The problem is in the past few months they changed the Performance to 'Cloromax' and reduced the concentration to 6%.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.