Clorox with Chloromax

Bvacchiano

Silver Supporter
Apr 6, 2018
Sugar Land, Texas
Is there any issue using this "with Chloromax" Clorox product? Concentrations seem fine just not sure what the "Chloromax" is and does?? After a heavy rain I tested my FC and was a little low so I added some of this as a little pick up. Ive never added bleach before. I had no foam as I saw on another post.

Also when adding liquid bleach where is best place to add? In deep end adding slowly in front of return? Scattering around whole pool? Is it ok to dump slowly in skimmer with pump running for a few hours?

You are best to not use the Cloromax stuff. It does have polymers in it and we have seen evidence it can cause foaming.

Best place to add liquid chlorine is at a pool return with the pump running. Add in a pencil size stream.

Do not add directly at the skimmer. NO chemicals should be added directly at the skimmer. Your Pentair VSF owners manual states that.

Someone posted before that they contacted Clorox and was told not to use it in pools.

As a rule, don’t use bleach with any kind of additives.

I'm not 100% convinced that Clorox with Cloromax doesn't have metals in it, either -- I used a bunch of it to SLAM my pool when we opened it this spring, and my youngest kid's hair has been green all summer... It's possible that my PB put in some copper-based algaecide when he opened the pool, but he denies it. Not sure I believe him, but if he's telling the truth the only other difference between last year and this year is the Cloromax bleach. Either way, I'm not using it anymore.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.