Clorox performance bleach

RobHudson

Aug 25, 2020
Philadelphia, PA
Apologies in advance for posting the 1 million thread about concentrated bleach, but I’m a newbie and I didn’t see this exact question asked anywhere.

I bought the 3 pack of Clorox Performance Bleach (121oz each) for $14. It says 7.55% Sodium Hypochlorite. Following the directions of 1/3 cup of bleach diluted with 1 gallon of water, it would make 135 gallons.

Do I use this stuff as is? Or use the diluted version? If diluted, what’s the % of chlorine?

I assume that the answer is use as-is, because otherwise this would be the best value in all of liquid bleach and this forum would be all over it. And in that case, the $4 per gallon 10% liquid chlorine at Lowe’s is a much better value.

Yup, you normally use it as is. :) The problem with Clorox products though is *if* it says Cloromax Technology on it is also contains polymers which you don't want in your pool.

I pretty much avoid all Clorox products nowadays as the bleach is full of polymers, the pool specific stuff has copper and the salt has had problems with iron contamination.

Go for liquid shock, or the liquid chlorine you can find at HD or Lowes. In certain months Walmart's pool section sells 10% Pool Essentials .

Maddie

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.