Clorinator OFF percentage met

Davidferrine

Jan 12, 2020
Houston
Hello TFP forum, I recently moved to a new home with a SWG system, I am getting use to it and stating to use the POOL math it is great BTW.

In my system I have in the diagnosis the reading Chlorinator OFF, Percentage met.
Can someone explain me what this means?

Thank you

David

Hi and welcome. You didnt say what type of equipment you have (add it to your signature) but check out this thread as they discuss the same message.

The explanation attached was very helpful thank you.
my system is a Hayward software revision 4.46. I will check and update the information in my profile

I have one more question for now, the pool % is in 65 and the Spa % is in 3 does this make sense? this is related to the volume of water?

Thank you

David

The spa % makes sense as that is a much smaller body of water. The pool % seems about right, but you would need to play around with it to make sure you are making the right amount of chlorine. Too much just lower the %, too little and up the %. You likely will have to adjust it depending on the weather and use of the pool as well.

David,

You have what is called a Saltwater Chlorine Generator (SWCG).. It makes the chlorine needed to sanitize your pool.. You adjust the chlorine output based upon how long you want it to run per hour. A setting of 50% means that it will run for 50% of the time and be off for 50% of the time. What you need to do is determine what your Free Chlorine (FC) level is... and then increase or decrease the output to adjust the FC to your target level.

Your target level is based upon your CYA level... See this chart under the saltwater section.. FC/CYA Levels

Keep in mind that the cell will not produce anything unless the pump is running and supplying the cell with the water it needs to make the chlorine.

Thanks,

Jim R.

At 50 degrees Fahrenheit, the display will say "Cold" and it will stop working even if set to Superchlorinate.

At 60 degrees Fahrenheit, the output is reduced to 20% of the setting.

So, 100% would be 20%, 50% would be 10% etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.