Clear Water but Still Failing OCLT During SLAM

Better safe than sorry. I’d rather have 1 extra day of slam than quit early & have to start all over again in a couple weeks.

Reactions: wjmano
Everything turned out great! No more constant chlorine loss and water is crystal clear. The SLAM definitely worked, just never thought it would take 6 days since my water seemed to be pretty good. I just never realized how much clearer it could be. Glad I fired my pool guy…its just tough for them when they only stop by once a week and do a quick test with strips.

I believe many new members do not realize when we say clear water, it is really clear water. Once you get used to TFPC, to be brutally honest, you will KNOW if there is an issue with your water by looking at it. Testing just confirms it.

I passed my OCLT last night! My FC was only down 1.0, versus my usual 2.5-3.0.

A big "Thank You" for everyone's help!

I'll now let my FC drift downward and add CYA to get it up from the current 40 ppm. Will also plan to take a closer look at my main drain and try Kato's idea, just in case that was part of my problem -- sounds like fun.

And will likely run another OCLT tonight...although I hate the possibility of failing it.
congrats on the hard work and outcome!

Reactions: wjmano
It’s always suggested to continue the slam another day just for insurance. Don’t want to chance ending too soon and having to start over.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.