Clear water but dropping FC

I wasn't keeping it for any purpose. I just set it down to record my results in my spreadsheet. When I returned later it was pink again. But, thanks for answering the main question, that the initial result is all that matters.

As for the ongoing SLAM, it appears my FC dropped from 11 ppm to 9.5 ppm overnight. Not done yet. Also my R-0871 is running low. Hope my new kit arrives before I run out. :eek:

I've never had such clear and clean water, but the OCLT prize remains elusive. Haven't seen any signs of algae for days, but today's reading was 10.5 after last night's 13. Checked it again to be sure. Same result. At least I can enjoy looking at my crystal clear water while I wait for the OCLT trophy. :)

Aaannnnddd, I believe we are done! As I had posted, the water has been crystal clear; I've just been waiting for the chemistry to catch up. This morning, my FC clocked in at 15 ppm, after last night's 16. Interestingly, last night's 16 was recorded after adding only 27 ounces of Clorox to my 12,000 pool (prior reading 10.5). A 5.5 rise on 27 ounces of cholorine seemed high. This test was done with new chemicals that had just arrived. Additionally, I used a larger heaping scoop of R-087 than in the past. Over the months, I believe that I have slowly used a smaller heap, partly due to the scoop becoming shallower due to residue on it, until I did not have enough R-087 for a fully accurate test. At least, that is what appears to be the case.

Regardless, I have a clear and shiny pool with a minimum of effort and cost! All I need now is warmer water! Thanks to everyone who chimed in with advice, suggestions and commentary. :)

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of times there is some algae hiding behind lights or in/on ladders.

This is true. However, my pool has no ladders. It is to cold to check the lights, so that possibility will have to wait a month to find out. But, I intend to pull them off and check as soon as the water warms up.

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
RedScare

Great news about your pool :)

Regarding the R-0870 powder, if you haven't tried this testing tool, you might want to consider it. I've been using this tool for about 3 months since learning about it at this forum.

It's a "Taylor Unit-Dose Dispensor" P/N 9250 . It attaches to the Taylor R-0870 powder bottle and eliminates the spoon/scoop for dispensing the powder into the testing vial.

aaa.JPG

Just to give a final update, I tested everything this morning, and this is what I got...

FC - 6.5
CC - 0
pH - 7.5
TA - 80
CH - 225
CYA - 30

My total chlorine add this morning was 10 ounces. I added 32 ounces of CYA Thursday evening. I finished wringing it out of the sock this morning. I tested, even though it might not be totally accurate. The 30 is up from 20, and is hopefully on its way to 40. I brushed the pool, even though I could not see any accumulations of anything. It is wonderful. For any new members, this system is as painless, and "trouble free" as the name claims!

Just to give a final update, I tested everything this morning, and this is what I got...

FC - 6.5
CC - 0
pH - 7.5
TA - 80
CH - 225
CYA - 30

My total chlorine add this morning was 10 ounces. I added 32 ounces of CYA Thursday evening. I finished wringing it out of the sock this morning. I tested, even though it might not be totally accurate. The 30 is up from 20, and is hopefully on its way to 40. I brushed the pool, even though I could not see any accumulations of anything. It is wonderful. For any new members, this system is as painless, and "trouble free" as the name claims!
:goodpost:

:lovetfp:

FC - 6.5
CC - 0
pH - 7.5
TA - 80
CH - 225
CYA - 30

That is an AWESOME update! I am glad your pool is clear! Now bring on the :sunny: and we will be set!

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.