krischela

May 2, 2021
Normal, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Opened pool this week to nearly perfect water balance (thanks for all the help last year)! However, there are a few leaves and piles of literally what has to be hundreds of earthworms. 😬 I’m concerned that I trying to scoop them out will break them up and they’ll end up in my cartridge filters. Any suggestions? I have a Dolphin, but do not think that’s a good idea. I’ve never used my pool vacuum. I’ve seen a few videos on a leaf sucker that you attach to a garden hose. I have no idea where to begin! Thanks in advance for any help.

Opened pool this week to nearly perfect water balance (thanks for all the help last year)! However, there are a few leaves and piles of literally what has to be hundreds of earthworms. 😬 I’m concerned that I trying to scoop them out will break them up and they’ll end up in my cartridge filters. Any suggestions? I have a Dolphin, but do not think that’s a good idea. I’ve never used my pool vacuum. I’ve seen a few videos on a leaf sucker that you attach to a garden hose. I have no idea where to begin! Thanks in advance for any help.
I just run my dolphin myself…several times, then rinse it out a lot. Then I bring my pool up to slam level. Happens to me every time I open my pool. Don’t know what makes them jump in the pool like that.

I scoop them out before starting the pump.

Scoop them up with the net. Empty the net and go back and scoop again. Use a hairnet in the skimmer basket to help save on the cartridge filter when you get the pump running. Throw the robot in to clean what is still on the pool floor. Clean out the robot filters after the two hour run. Check the hairnets and change out once they look like coffee filters after the first few hours. Don’t forget to get that chlorine in the water.

Scoop them up with the net. Empty the net and go back and scoop again. Use a hairnet in the skimmer basket to help save on the cartridge filter when you get the pump running. Throw the robot in to clean what is still on the pool floor. Clean out the robot filters after the two hour run. Check the hairnets and change out once they look like coffee filters after the first few hours. Don’t forget to get that chlorine in the water.
Thank you! They were easier to scoop out than I thought. Still some I couldn’t get. Got the robot running now with the pump off and getting ready to turn on. Have panty hose over the filter basket and will clean out/change after a bit. Chlorine generator is on. Thanks for all the help.

Reactions: V___25 and JW1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.